Day 1: Boarding in Phnom Penh at 07:30am. S’ang, Koh Chen
We will meet at Phnom Penh port at 7h30am. You will first be guided to your cabin, then an introduction to the ship and its crew will be presented to you. Our journey will start with Apsara dances during navigation towards S’ang on the Bassac. Visit of the country sights amid orchards, sugarcane fields and bamboo plantations. Lunch on board during navigation towards Koh Chen. Superb little island with craftsmen whose trades have not change for centuries. During the afternoon visit the island, its school and its craftsmen workshops. Dinner on board.
Day 2: Oudong, Kampong Tralach
Early morning for the coolness visit of the ancient capital Oudong. It was the capital of the kingdom from 1618 to 1866, is a striking summing up of the History of Cambodia with stupas, royal tombs, a Buddha statue and the memorial for the victims of the Genocide. Back to the boat for navigation to Kampong Tralach where you will have lunch with the inhabitant. After your lunch, stroll through the paddy fields to the beautiful Vihara of Kampong Leu pagoda. Dinner on board.
Day 3: Kampong Chhnang
Kampong Chhnang, the busy little harbor on the Tonle Sap gets its name from the pottery workshops. Their production is sold throughout Cambodia. A small local boat will come get you and you will visit the pottery workshops, a place where sugar cane is made and also local alcohol. Stroll along the local market.Back on board for lunch and navigation towards Chnok Tru. Arrival around 18h30. Dinner on board.
Day 4: Chnok Tru
Visit of the floating village of Chnok Tru on small boats. Chnok Tru is a seldom visited village where Vietnamese originated fishermen live in complete autarky. Back on the boat for lunch and the beginning of the crossing of the Tonle Sap Lake. The Tonle Sap, main Lake of Cambodia, with waters rising from 2 to 11 meters and a surface quadrupled between August and January. Crossing of the lake and easy life on board until arrival to the Siem Reap pier around 17h30. Transfer to the city center. According to the water level, the crossing will be by speed boat or bus.
- Accommodation in double/twin cabin
- Entrance fees
- French or English speaking tour guide
- Full board meals as itinerary including local beers, local brand spirits and local wines served during meals, coffee, selection of herbal infusions, local mineral water, local canned soft drinks served through all day.
- Taxes, fuel, pilot, port dues, passenger levies
- Transfer in Siem reap from and to FCC Angkor Hotel
- International flights & departures taxes
- Beverages such as wines, premium spirits and liquers, imported mineral waters, espressos and cappucinos at bar.
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Vietnam & Cambodia visa arrangements
- Fuel surcharges if there is any
- Bank transfer fees & credit card service fees
- Other not mentioned above
For more information about Mekong tours, please visit our website.